"BACKWARDS" 4 SONG EP
FEATURING CARS MARS
FALL 2020 RELEASE
IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME
BLACK AND WHITE TO COLOR - SINGLE 2014
NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY
JULY 24th, 2020 RELEASE
A consummate artist, Whitton is a Musician, Foodie, Spirits Aficionado and Co-founder of El Sativo tequila; The 2020 tequila of the year, which debuts this summer. Growing up in a musical family of 6 kids ensured her talents were nurtured. She toured nationally as a singer songwriter at an early age, building relationships and a thriving fan base through social media, film/TV and commercial featured song placements.
Whitton took time off from touring to care for her grandfather during which she developed a talent for creating healthy meals. This inspired her to study and cultivate both non-GMO organic soil and aeroponic tower gardens. Whitton became engulfed in creating recipes from scratch that centered around healthy “whole food” eating and food pairing. She also has appreciation for quality wine and spirits which eventually led to co-founding the downtown, LA’s First Walk Up Bar, PRANK, home of the first terpene cocktails. She realized her gift for pairing foods with beverages which started her love affair with Tequila.
Currently, in a one of a kind salute,”EL Sativo” single is set for release on July 24th, National Tequila Day. Whitton and the gang at El Sativo have written a fun shout out, and joyous “Salud” to tequila lovers everywhere. It’s a swaying ode to the remarkable tequila that they’re debuting and a cheer to the celebratory spirit of enjoying and sharing.
Debuting this fall, Whitton’s new hypnotic four song EP is called “Backwards”. With a compelling introspective of the human condition, she paints an honest perspective through her vulnerable lyrics and romantic melodies. Her vocal blend of Colbie Caillat, Kimbra and Elizabeth Frazer meets Norah Jones and St. Vincent, give Whitton a large cinematic presentation with a timeless alternative pop feel.
The first three songs were produced and co-written with musician, Ben Burget. The ending track, “One More Kiss Dear” from “Bladerunner 1982”, features iconic actor, Edward James Olmos. Produced by Alexander Burke (Save Ferris, Ben Lee) and Chris Mullings (The Neighborhood, “Weird Al” Yankovic). Other prominent collaborators on this EP are Tony Bonsera (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy), Gary Lux (Universal Records), Robert “Sput” Searlight (Snoop Dogg, Ghost Note) and Jens Gad (Enigma).
Future projects include a collaboration with producer, Jacob Bunton (J Lo, Lady Gaga, Steven Tyler) which will be featured in Jason Momoa’s new true story set to release 2021.
- WHITTON has won several independent music awards including
- “Best Female Acoustic Artist" at the NY Music Festival, Searchlight Songwriting Competition, Star Music Awards and was been nominated for "BEST POP ALBUM" in the Independent Music Awards.
TV/FILM/COMMERCIAL ORIGINAL SONG PLACEMENTS
- "Exit Strategy" Film (w/ Big Boy from KPWR Power 106 & Kevin Hart)
- "She Wants Me" Film (starring Charlie Sheen, Hilary Duff, Josh Gad) and
- “Gossip Girl" (National Valentine's Day commercial)
- "The 5th Quarter" film (starring Aidan Quinn, Andie MacDowell, Ryan Merriman)
- Delta's Radio/Sky Magazine
- MTV's "Catfish" TV series
- Munchkin" baby brand commercial
- ELLOS Clothing Co. commercial (Northern Europe for one year)
- Acting Outlaws Calendar video (starring Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff and photographer, Dennys Ilic)
- Leica Camera presents “Frontier” Netflix Series Trailer (featuring Jason Momoa)
- Peavey Electronics
- Property Brothers, Drew Scott Anniversary Video
- Showtime’s "DEXTER" soundtrack
- “Gotti” film, (starring John Travolta)
OTHER NOTABLE COLLABORATIONS
- MC Flow (Jason Mraz), Peter Malick (Norah Jones), John Avila (Oingo Boingo), Peter Fox (Rachel Yamagata), Joe Solo (Macy Gray, Fergie), Ronan Chris Murphy (King Crimson, Dishwella), Big Swede (NCIS) and Geoff Stradling (Musical director of Golden Globes)